How Do You Clean Your Heat Styling Tools?
- Heat the styling tool a little and then leave it to cool so it is not too hot to the touch.
- Ensure the tool is switched off.
- Dampen a cloth or towel with warm water. Using one finger, gently rub one plate at a time. Avoid harsh scrubbing on the ceramic plates and do not scratch them.
- Wipe down the plates until there is no build-up on them. Check to make sure you have reached down to the bottom and removed all gunk.
- Clean off any product around the sides or edges. Using a clean surface of the towel or cloth is necessary.
- Wipe down the outside of the styling tool.
- Let the styling tool dry thoroughly before using or packing away. Ensure that it is completely dry before using the tool or turning it back on.
- Never submerge the tool in water.
How Do You Look After Your Hair Piece / Hair Extension / Wigs
We highly recommend our specially formulated range of 'Synovation' aftercare products specially made for HotHair.
- Before shampooing, gently remove any tangles with your fingers or a pick comb. Fill a basin with cold water (never use hot water) and add a cap full of Synovation shampoo.
- Immerse the hair into the basin and soak for 3-5 minutes, gently swishing up and down.
- Rinse thoroughly in cold water to get rid of any residue. Follow this up by using the same procedure with the Synovation Revitalizer, however, do not rinse out the Revitalizer.
- Do not squeeze or twist the hair but dab, very gently with a towel so as to remove excess water.
- Hang the piece on a wig stand or a styling head and allow to air-dry at room temperature. (For human hair wigs and hairpieces, you can of course, heat-style the pieces to dry them).
- Whilst the piece is still slightly damp, shake and spritz with Synovation Conditioner, as this will coat the fibres of your hairpiece and keep it fresh and deodorised.
- Finish the look with a quick mist of Synovation Finishing Spray, which works as a hairspray and will set your style into place without any stiffness. It's also incredibly easy to brush or wash out.
- If you do not have Synovation Products for Aftercare, you can use Johnson's Baby Shampoo
More HotHair FAQs
How long will my hairpiece last?
- If you look after your hairpiece and follow our care instructions, your new baby will last 3 months to a year, depending on how often you wear your luscious new locks and how you care for it.
What happens if I get caught in the rain or live at the seaside?
- Now here it gets exciting! If you choose a slick and straight pony, it will remain that way, even if you get caught in that unexpected downpour of rain. If you choose a curly pony or hairpiece, it will retain its curl. NO FRIZZ GIRLS - NO BAD HAIR DAYS
Can I flat iron, curl or dye my synthetic hair?
- No, you can not put any heat on synthetic hair. Unless indicated. You can not dye your hairpiece.
Will my synthetic hairpiece look natural?
- The advantage of synthetic hair is that you will find many beautiful colours in each hairpiece. No flat colour that looks like it has been dyed one solid colour. The hair filaments are carefully coloured to provide a beautiful textured look to your hair colour and a rich shine.
Can you help me match my colour?
- Yes, we will be happy to help you select the right colour. Either message us on Facebook with your query and a high resolution image of your hair in natural daylight or send us an email.
What if I ordered the incorrect colour?
- Return your hairpiece to us within 7 days and we will be happy to exchange it for the correct colour. We are not able to accept any open packages where our seal has been broken. If you think the colour is wrong, return it to us. We are not able to accept any open packages or pieces that have been worn or handled.
How do I make an exchange or a return?
- Find out how to get an exchange or refund click here
How long will it take to get my hairpiece?
- Once we receive proof of payment from you, your order will be shipped to you and you should receive it within 7 working days. If our Cape Town warehouse does not have stock, we will immediately order it for you from our London warehouse and you should have it within 15 working days at the very latest.
Now a days you can buy anything from very inexpensive “real hair” extensions through to the “Rolls Royce” in synthetic hair and several in between. But always remember, “you get what you pay for”.
Synthetic hair is perfect for wigs and clip in hair pieces. New technology means good quality synthetic now looks really realistic, plus, synthetic hair has 2 key advantages for these type of styles. It keeps its shape- even in wet or hot weather, which means the customer can just put on the piece & go with no styling. It is also lighter than human hair – which makes it excellent for wigs which can be very heavy when made in human hair.
Unfortunately- due to the high value & desirability of the human hair market, human hair is often adulterated with synthetic or even goat or horse hair to bulk out the hair.Unfortunately- due to the high value & desirability of the human hair market, human hair is often adulterated with synthetic or even goat or horse hair to bulk out the hair. Hothair has sourced the very best quality synthetic and human hair fibers, through reputable sources. Our synthetic fibers are manufactured in Japan.
If you’re looking for excellent quality hair with beautiful textured, rich colours (no flat colours) HOTHAIR is the right choice for you.